Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ignitor will not stop sparking on Thermador top, Just

Customer Question

Ignitor will not stop sparking on Thermador cook top
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

If the unit will not stop clicking one of the switches behind the burners is stuck closed. Each burner has a switch mounted on the shaft. The switch closes when you turn the shaft to the light position with the knob. If a switch goes bad or gets grease in it the switch will not open when you turn the burner off, this will make the unit keep clicking since it is powering the spark module. You can try to take apart the trim to get at the switches and clean them out with an air duster can or some electronic cleaner. You would have to try and narrow down the bad one with a volt ohm meter or by unplugging a wire to each one until it stops. If you can not get the switch to open you will need to replace the burner switch to fix it in the end, some are sold by themselves and others as a kit depending on the model.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!