John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washer model mv6200aww will no balance on spin cycles, I

Customer Question

my washer model mv6200aww will no balance on spin cycles, I have replqaced the tub springs and snubber ring and leveled machine,what next ?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag mv6200aww 14 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: washer works great other than balance
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

Just to understand what repairs you have made. You removed all the springs and lifted the outer tub assembly up and replaced the plastic beveled ring that separates the base from the damper plate, correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the answer is yes, this did not help

Did you lubricate the balance ring when you installed it?

The kit comes with a small packet of powder that is to be used during installation.

Also, if you look at the leveling legs, how far out are the legs extended on the bottom of the washer?

They should be extended about 1" and the locking nuts should be tightened up against the base and the machine cant rock at all, once the front panel is screwed on.

Is the washer on a wood floor or cement?

Lastly, does the machine run off balance witj no clothes inside or just when you use it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I used the powder, the legs are adjusted properleyand the washer is on concrete in the same place since new. it runs out of balance on spin on any load cycle with clothes in but not without clothes also locking nuts are tight.

I have covered all the things that I can think of on the problem you have, so I am going to open this up to another tech and get another perspective on it for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
since I have been waiting for info for 2 more days, I have ordered a new washer to be delivered today. since your info did not help, please refund my payments, thank you for trying.