John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a Kitchenmaid Superba Selectra 27. It started pouring

Customer Question

Have a Kitchenmaid Superba Selectra 27. It started pouring smoke out the front vent about 6 months ago. We thought we just needed to clean the oven but every time we tried, it smoked so bad that we aborted the process (the oven was never that dirty really). Finally, the smoke got so bad that we decided we needed to bite the bullet and let it smoke while we went through the cleaning process. we got it totally cleaned but the oven is still pouring smoke out the front when we cook things. I'm wondering if there is something that has gotten blocked so that the smoke isn't going where it is supposed to or something. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: KitchenAid Superba Selectra 27
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 12 or more years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: IU don't think so. We have never had any issues with it. It just works.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My wife says it only happens when we put it on a high temperature - 400 degrees and above.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the oven door the model /serial tag should be on the oven face frame right hand side.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
KitchenAid KEMS377BWH2

Are you able to tell if the cooling fan is blowing air out the front of the unit?

And is blows smoke even in a cooking mode correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there was a fan I could hear and see spinning in the back of the stove. I turned it on for about 1/2 hour today just to see and there was no smoke. Yesterday, we were cooking a prime rib when there was a lot of smoke.

ok so then yesterday when there was smoke did the oven seem to be heating properly?

And if so let`s run it once again and see if you have any smoke from the unit if you would please.