John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Why is my washer leaking water from the back of my washer

Customer Question

why is my washer leaking water from the back of my washer after 4 years . I use only he tide pods.We are 2 seniors have been gone for 4 monthevery year .
JA: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: when water goes into washer water comes out of the back
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?
Customer: we are on the 8th floor I can not have water leaking that is why I got a new washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine?
Thanks
Don

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MODEL wfw9151ywoo ser hl20762194

Thanks

Let me look at what kind of washer you have.

Do you have some tools to be able to take it apart or are you just looking for advice?

OK, I see that you have a front loader. It should be relatively easy to see where the water is leaking once you get the top off of the washer.

You will need to remove the top by taking the 3 screws along the back upper edge on the back.

Then just slide the top backwards and lift it off.

Here is a video that shows how the top comes off.

click for video

Once you get it off, fire up the washer and see if you can determine where the leaks is coming from. If you find it let me know and we can see what you can do to fix it.

Don