Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MF12269VEA1 refrigerator and need to reset

Customer Question

I have a Maytag MF12269VEA1 refrigerator and need to reset the control panel
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm guessing 7 years or so
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hope so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine earlier this morning. I unplugged it for about 10 minutes. The lights come on when I touch them but don't stay on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

To reset and program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled (Up/Down arrows). LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code (the program code should made the 4 digit code listed on the model sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section)

7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again.

Now if that doesn't reset your board to working normally, the main relay board on the back of your refrigerator behind a small 8" x 8" access panel needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.