WCohn
WCohn, Construction Worker
Experience:  Been in contruction 18+years
6211579

We have a Bosch Hypropower Gas Tankless Water Heater that we

Customer Question

We have a Bosch Hypropower Gas Tankless Water Heater that we are having a problem starting up. We live in South Africa (North West) and would like to know where we can contact someone for technical assistants. Thank you Kathy Hobbs
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We have just moved into new house so its just a few months old, only thing i have is name Bosch Hydropower and it has 2 knobs one for flame adjustment and one for waterflow
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: At the moment yes if i can get some advice, we have had it working but the water did not get very hot and today it does not ignite
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have 2 units the same heating different parts of the house the one unit seems to be working fine, this one has never work as well, both are working off the same gas supply
Category: Appliance
Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

I am a Bosch factory trained and certified repair technician

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

The way the hydro units work is they have a flow sensor that spins and creates a spark so you don't have to have a standing pilot or power. If that isn't happening it will not fire. Have you flush the unit lately?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was a water leak going into the unit which meant turning the water off to fit the leak, since then the problem with not igniting has become worse. I have tried turning the water on and off at the hot water tap many times which in the past has worked. When you say flush the unit what do you mean?Please note this is a new unit (new built house) we have only been using for a month, the second same unit we have is working with no problem. When this problem unit does work it does not get very hot.Hope this helps you
Steve & Kathy
Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

There might be some debris in the system from turning off the water.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please tell me how I get rid of the debris in the system, is there a maintenance manual that I can download to assist me now and in the future
Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me the exact model number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi sorry for delay (time diff) you asked for model, it is miniMAXX WR18 G31 S2585 or S2595 difficult to read. A instruction/maintenance manual would help as we have nothing,thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi when can we expect a reply to the above as we are no further in getting any conclusion to our problem!!!
Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

I'm trying the time difference is a killer.

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

I'll just OPT OUT and see if someone else can help you sooner sorry!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I have now been without hot water since the 8th and would really like to know when someone can help me please.