Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Bosch model SHU5316UC12, from 2001. We have been

Customer Question

I have a Bosch model SHU5316UC12, from 2001. We have been experiencing longer than normal wash cycles, and a sometimes loud grinding noise coming from the unit. I got hold of an online troubleshooting manual and found that there was a self test. I ran the self test, checked the amperage on the power line as suggested which was fine, and at the end of the test there was a 5 on the display. The troubleshoot guide says that this means there is a 1 error and a 4 error added together to make the 5. A 1 means an aqua sensor error and a 4 means a fill error. I understand the aqua sensor error, that the sensatronic part needs to be replaced, but what does the fill error mean? The dishwasher gets water in and cleans the dishes, it just takes forever and makes a lot of noise. Thanks in advance for any advice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have a Bosch model SHU5316UC12, from 2001.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tested the water at the kitchen faucet and it read 136F, if that's helpful.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are struggling with this issue. It sounds like the issue is with your water inlet valve. Its not putting water in there quick enough.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Water-Inlet-Valve/00425458/1105846?modelNumber=SHU5316UC%2f12&ss=a9b129d576619&mr=1

This is the part for your unit you will need to replace as well. I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Travis
Thanks for explaining the cause of the "fill error" - but - you only answered a third of my question! I would still like to have verification that what I read in the troubleshooting guide was correct, that the 5 at the end of the test cycle means both a 1 and a 4 error. If so, am I correct that I need to replace the aqua sensor in addition to the fill valve? Also, what about the loud grinding noise? You completely failed to address that in your answer. I'd appreciate getting the remainder of the answer - thank you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I apologize but I have to step out for an emergency and will be away for a little bit. I do not want to hold you up from an answer so I will open this up to other experts to assist you. If someone has not finished this question when I get back I will jump back in. Sorry for the inconvenience.