Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool 21.9cu. Ft. SS gb2fhdxws model

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool 21.9cu. Ft. SS BM gb2fhdxws model refrigerator that is not draining. The water looks in the floor of my bottom freezer and forms a sold sheet of ice. Fixable?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 1/2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How to fix it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There is a kit out to fix this issue! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The freezer drain must be totally thawed before this kit is installed. So, doors open and unplugged for 24 hours will assure the drain is thawed. The kit may then be installed and is available below.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.