ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Howdoyouopenawashertogettothebackofamaytagwashertoreplacethe

Customer Question

Howdoyouopenawashertogettothebackofamaytagwashertoreplacethefillvalve
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Oneweek
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Howtoopenwasherup
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

I need you to supply me the model and serial number off the label on the washer, so I can see what you have to do. It is either around the tub opening by the back door edge or on the back of the console.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Maytag mvwc300vw1

thanks let me look that up

You access the water valve from up inside the console. You need to get a thin stiff putty knife and slip it between the console and the washer top cover. There are two hidden clips about 1 1/2 inches from each side of the console. Push in with your putty knife and you will fill a springy resistance, indicating you have made contact with the clip. Push in and lift slightly and the console will pop up. Do it on each side and then pull the console forward and disengage the plastic tabs locking it into the top. Once you get the console up you will see the valve.

Here is a video click here

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don