Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Sears, Mr., I have a Sears Microwave mode#40185044210. When

Customer Question

Sears
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: HI Pearl
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hi Mr. Wilson, I have a Sears Microwave mode#40185044210. When I open the door it automatically goes on by itself. I plan on doing the work myself. Paul Dotzler
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 8 years old. The model# ***** ***** serial#227MM00790
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This just started to happen, I tried unplugging it and starting over. I just open the door and it starts by itself. Could it be the door switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You have a door switch that has failed. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, replace both of the number B047 switches.

CLICK HERE

If you remove the grille from above the door, it will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove that screw lift the panel up and hinge it down for full access for replacement.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.