Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool duet sport electric dryer purchased

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet sport electric dryer purchased 3/22/2008. The heat comes on but the barrel holding the clothes does not turn. The dryer makes no noise at all. Have checked circuit breaker; it is on. It may have overheated. Is there a reset button?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased 3/22/2008; Model # WED8500SRG.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What needs to be done to make it work?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The heating element has shorted to ground and opened the thermal fuse. Both the element and the fuse will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Heating Element

Thermal Fuse

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.