Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

2009 kitchen aid gas range.oven would not get up to preheat

2009 kitchen aid gas range.oven would not get up to preheat temp.i replaced the bake ignitor.gets up to temp but then the next batch of cookies oven starts short cycling and wont stay up to temperature.gas is shutting off for some reason.seams like i changed the resistance with the new ignitor but i am think i may have a gas valve problem.i am a cadillac technition so i know something about electronics.note if i have to pay for this and your suggestions dont work will i be able to have a follow up visit at no additioal charge.also i hope these anwsers are related to my specific range.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: what do you mean.do you want my e mail adress
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2009 modle #kgss907sbt00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i dont think so i gave you my symtoms

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Sorry about those robot inquiries, they can be confusing.

What igniter part number did you replace?

You should get a clamp-on ampmeter and read the amp draw when the oven gas valve is on at one leads coming off the igniter. The valve has a label on it saying what current draw it needs to open.

Also, what you need to do is determine if the valve is turning off on it's own accord meaning the power is on the valve and it is turning the gas off or the control is turning the power off.

If it is the latter, then you have to address the control system, either the Electronic Range Control (Clock) or the temp probe inside the oven. Looks like a metal pencil sticking out from the oven wall on the back. You need to access the plug and measure the resistance to be around 1100-1150 at room temp.

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don