Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Ge front load washing machine willnot drain and will not go

Customer Question

ge front load washing machine willnot drain and will not go to rinse cycle ... have reset and unplugged and nothing all it does is cycle
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: gfwn1100l1ww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe am pretty inclined mechanically
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: need clean clothes on monday for work lol
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The washer will not complete the cycle if the washer is unable to drain for any reason. Most times you just need to clean out the pump filter, at the bottom right of the washer there is a access panel click here for image open that panel and you will see a white cap on the pump filter unscrew that cap and clean out the filter, but be aware that when you take that out all the tub in the water is going to come out. Have some towels or a wet vac ready. Once you get that cleaned out it should drain again if not the pump will need to be replaced. The replacement pump is listed below in case you have to replace it.

Washer Drain Pump Assembly

Part #: WH23X10028 - click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?