Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore elite 79574025411 error code er rf. Ice and water

kenmore elite***********error code er rf. Ice and water despensor not working. what part do I need and where located?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model 795.74025.411. It is 6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dispenser on door not working. no ice, no water, no light.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correction. The fridge is less than two years. old. Now the lower drawer of the fridge is getting too cold and upper part of the fridge is too warm. If it is Part 404C (damper motor) can you please instruct me where it is located and how to get to it?

Hello, and welcome to just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The damper motor is located behind the back panel on the inside of the fridge. You will need to remove the shelves and such and remove the back wall through the inside to gain access to it. That does sound like its the problem you are experiencing. Do you already have the part you are going to need to order to fix it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to purchase the part today. Any recommendations?

sears may have the part if you have one near you.

I am a different tech, the ER RF code means the refrigerator EVAPORATOR FAN MOTOR is not working or iced up. This is a fan not a damper motor. You need to check and replace the FAN MOTOR motor on the unit. Here is a link to the part

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still the same location? Behind the casing in back of upper fridge?

It is behind the rear panel IN THE REFRIGERATOR SECTION SEE LINK BELOW

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ordered the fan motor from Amazon. I will contact you if I have questions on install. I hope this fixes it and it is not the control board. Right now the issue is intermittent. We mostly have the error code but at times it clears itself.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Installed part. It took me about 45 minutes. Thank you for your online assistance!

No problem

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.