ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I need help with my whirlpool duet sport dryer, it is 7 or

Customer Question

i need help with my whirlpool duet sport dryer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is 7 or so years old. model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the old thermal fuse tested bad, and i just replaced it with a new one, and tested it for continuity. everything good there. now, when i put the dryer back together, and front panel lights up, but when i hit start, i get three beeps. I have tested the door switch, and it tests good. what else would cause this problem?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when i test the leads coming off the sensor bars, i get no continuity. would that prevent the dryer from starting?
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

3 beeps on the start is indicating the door is not closed. Take the top off and track the wire from the door switch to the computer board and look for any disconnects.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry for my delay in responding. I was in the utility putting the machine back together. I had crossed the harnesses for the humidity sensor and the door switch.Appreciate you getting back to me though. Have a good day.

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don