Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Jenn wire model jes9800 bas. I have replaced thermalfuse

Customer Question

jenn wire model jes9800 bas. I have replaced thermalfuse between range top and oven frame as well as thermostat sensor which extends into oven from upper left rear. After self clean was run oven Will begin to pre heat for about 10 sec. Then trip and shut down. After recycling breaker it just rpeats this pattern. This same problem happened couple years ago. I replaced above mentioned items then even though they tested good with meter. I then ordered main control board but before it came in I randomly tried oven again and it worked suddenly for no apparent reason and has for 2 years. I kept new module and tried as a fix this time but some results. Is there something in door lock mechanism tripping system?
Thank you for your time
Danny Rhodes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

This is not an issue with your thermal fuse, sensor, or door latch---this is a problem with your control board. Boards are sporadic and sometimes they will fix themselves and start working but the reality is that your board is failing and needs to be replaced. It could fix itself like it did last time if you give it enough time, but most likely it won't so at some point you'll need to decide whether to keep waiting to see if it'll fix itself or if you should bite the bullet and replace the board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First thing I did wAS replace co trol board with new spare I had kept from pre nous time