Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

There are coins trapped in the dryer behind (under) the"

Customer Question

There are coins trapped in the dryer behind (under) the" spreaders, flaps,wings, distributors " in the dryer bin. Model #gtds855edomc. How do I remove them to get the change out? JIm
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Ge and I sent the model. Only a couple of years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, it seems simple but no screws. looks like some kind of pop up catch.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So to remove the tumbler arms inside the drum, you'll need to remove the top panel of the dryer. Remove the screws coming in from behind the control panel on the back of your dryer and then pull the top panel forward and hinge it up and backwards so you can access the drum. Now just rotate the drum and unscrew the screws coming in from the back side of the tumblers. Now you can remove the tumbler and remove the change inside.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll try tomorrow and get back with you. If it works, thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

OK good luck...