Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our bosch dishwasher isn't draining. it connects into the

Customer Question

hi our bosch dishwasher isn't draining. it connects into the sink drain & it is draining fine. could it be a blockage or a motor?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it probably 8 - 10 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if we can but depends on what is needed?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so You mean on the machine? we ran it last night. Oh we are doing some renovation further down the line from the machine so no backlash from that but the water lines have had some air bubbles, not sure if that would affect it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.