Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just bought a Whirlpool kit range model WFE 540 Hoes,

Customer Question

I just bought a Whirlpool kit range model WFE 540 Hoes, serial R630 98189. Purchase date 11/8/16, I put cookie sheets in the storage drawer, one slipped out of the drawer and is now on the floor, I need to get the cookie sheet back, also I need to clean construction dirt from under the stove. How do I get the drawer out to get the job done?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: As I explained above model WFE 540 HOES, serial R630 98189
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just to be able to clean under the stove, of course!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know anything else to tell about, I forgot to say that the stove is 6 weeks old. I have been using it since just before Thanksgiving, as I said the purchase date is 11/8/16
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There is no exact science to removing something that jams the drawer shut. You can try to stick a ruler in from the front and push down if it pulls out far enough. If not, then you can pull the oven out and try to push down on the pan from the back if you remove the back panel. Lastly, you can tilt the oven on it's back which will re-arrange the stuff inside the drawer and then you can try to re-open it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.