Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a LSR7233B, which washes just fine, but on one of

Customer Question

Dave we have a LSR7233B, which washes just fine, but on one of the cycles it does not spin or drain. The timed cycle it seems to work just fine. We have checked the lid switch, but it appears to be fine. Any suggestions? Bill Horn
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The make is a Whirlpool LSR 7233 B, which we have had for about 12 to 15 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible. We are both in our seventies, with low retirement income, so we are trying to save money.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I cannot think of anything right off hand.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the washer spins and drains like normal on one cycle (timed cycle) but won't work on another cycle, this can only be caused by a bad timer. There is a contact inside the timer that is not make a good connection and the entire timer would need to be ordered and replaced to get the washer working properly again. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.