Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My icemaker stopped working. red light is flashing in side

Customer Question

my icemaker stopped working. red light is flashing in side the freezer door, right side panel. model # ksrx25fswh00
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: kitchenaid ksrx25fswhoo, yes on settings
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ogger is working, there is a red light flashing inside the freezer door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So I'm assuming the icemaker is not working, is that correct? If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no ice or water in mold, fingers are facing towards me, above the horizon, pointing forward. I did what you said to do re: red button. is flashing red 2X then pause.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK and if you close the flap on the left side and make a clear path from the left to right does it keep flashing 2 times and pausing or does the light go solid?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no ice or water in mold, fingers are facing towards me, above the horizon, pointing forward. I did what you said to do re: red button. is flashing red 2X then pause.no the light does not turn solid
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't want to speak on phone
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK so the problem is that the icemaker won't cycle because it thinks the bucket is full of ice all the time. The light should turn solid to indicate it's recognizing a clear path. If the emitter board don't work properly the washer icemaker won't cycle and fill with water. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for emitter board

CLICK HERE for video on how to replace boards

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.