Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch Ref/freezer model# RB215LASH that has a

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Bosch Ref/freezer model# ***** that has a repeated problem of water puddling up under the veggie-meat drawers as well as the freezer not maintaining a sub freezing temp that both seem to be related to one another. I have turned off the appliance and removed both the inside back panels on refrg and freezer and found them to be completely iced over. I thought I had corrected the problem by de-icing each. Each time it began functioning properly and continued for 3-4 months until it began happing again. It sounds by reading other people's blogs on this it's not an uncommon problem. I've owned several refigerators and still have a couple of them and have no issues over the 15-20 years I've owned them (one sits outside and continues to operate). Is there a recall or anything that can be done to correct this obvious flaw I continue to experience on this appliance?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought in 2006 and Model is RB215LASH
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Has this been a issue with this model #? because as I said it sounds like it is
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So this is a fairly common issue with this model--yes. There is a drain clip built after the fact which you can clip onto the heater and extend down into the drains to prevent the drains from freezing up causing too must moisture to build up. The part number for this clip is da61-06796a. It's a clip that wraps around the heater and extends down into the drain hole to transfer heat into the drain hole.

Other than that, if your silver coils are over frosting and the drain line isn't backing up, you need to replace your defrost sensors. The refrigerator sensors are clipped onto the silver coils inside the refrigerator section. The part number is ***** and DA32-00006N for the different parts. The sensors for the freezer that need to be replaced are DA32-00006N and DA47-00095E. Order those parts and replace them and that will fix the issues.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was suggested to me previously about wrapping a copper wire around the defrost line and inserting it into the drain tube to keeping it from freezing up -which I did about a year ago. So what are your thoughts then. Replacing the defrost sensors? Are they prone to go bad?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, the sensors fail often and the copper wire is sort of a home remedy but it doesn't conduct the heat as well as the clip so I'd order and install the clip and the sensors and you'll be good to go.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

No problem and good luck!