Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Jenn-Air range is probably at least 30 years old and I need

Customer Question

Jenn-Air range is probably at least 30 years old and I need to locate the model number but have not been able to locate it. I believe it is in the 4800 model series and has a convection oven.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know the model number that is what I am trying to locate. I am guessing 30 - 35 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. The repair technician wants the model so he can see if he can find the needed part which is the part with the digital clock. The time bake and cleaning features do not work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Remove the lower access panel from below the door. The tag is usually on the frame at the bottom. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am not sure what you are tlking about. I have storage under my range
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Pull the drawer out and see if you see a model tag down there.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am unable to do this as I am in a cast and on crutches. Please do not bother to try to answer me now. Also, be sure I do not get signed up for this service and refund my $5. I do not have a drawer - it is a drop-in
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Does your unit have a glass grease jar?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Okay, the model tag is by that jar, on the panel right by it.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you. I will let my caregiver know when he returns.
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

You are very welcome. I am happy to help with locating the oven control, too, once you have the model number. It is probably not available new and will need to be sent off for repair. I can verify with that model number. You can reply back anytime! I hope you have a blessed day......