John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Oh. My Bosch NEXXT dryer stopped working properly today.

Customer Question

oh. Hi. My Bosch NEXXT dryer stopped working properly today. Tumbles but no heat. I unplugged it and plugged it back in again, but that didn't help
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hmmm.. I don't know because we bought it second-hand. And I'm out of town right now so can't check the info.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hoping to. We have a second back-up dryer (we run a B&B), but I'd like to get this Bosch back and running. We love it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

There is a reset-able thermostat on the Nexxt dryers. It is located on the left side of the heater.

Do you have the tools needed to take the dryer apart?

Let me know and I can try to guide you to the place you need to go to access and reset it for heat.

Don