John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Heater element has died....what should we do to relace same,

Customer Question

Heater element has died....what should we do to relace same
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it happened past couple of days
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Can it be fixed without calling a technical person in?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well we need a replacement...where do we get one....we live in Adelaide
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

What type of appliance is it that has the failing element?

How did you test the element to determine that it is failing?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
when the dishwasher is on to do the normal wash the water is cold....so I reckon the heater element has gone....

Have you tested the element? Are you familiar with testing voltages with a multimeter?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
my mobile number is(###) ###-####

Before there is any discussion over the phone, will you provide the model number of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
we have a Ariston dishwasher instructions for installation and use....the only numbers I have are LS 2050 A otherwise the only
other information re power voltage/fuse etc se 'data plate'.....where do you find the data plate? the machine is built in and had been installed prior to us buying the home 18 months ....machine could be at least 16 years old....

If you do not find it inside the door then remove the bottom plate on the front. There are two screws that hold the plate on. You may have to get right down on the floor and look with a flashlight to find the screws. There should be a sticker or information booklet behind the plate.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I've checked the bottom plate....there are no screws to be seen.....the machine appears to be firmly fixed in the cabinet....
proving difficult to obtain more information....
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
have you any further news?

There is a plate all the way at the bottom below the door. The screws are up a bit from the floor. You may have to look with a flashlight to locate the screws.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

I understand you are USA based whilst I live in Adelaide Australia and unfortunately your information is of no further use to me and I have been in touch with the Australian distributors for Ariston and they have been most helpful to me I have requested a refund of monies paid AUD39.00 as I consider the service unsatisfactory and your 30 days guarantee if not satisfied with a refund of my money returned thanks John ****

Fair enough.