John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our GE microwave has stopped heating, and also the turntable

Customer Question

Our GE microwave has stopped heating, and also the turntable doesn't turn, but the fan goes on and the timer does count down.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I've got the model # here... JVM1540DM5WW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it's something easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yesterday it stopped too, the fan and clock work as usual but the turntable stopped and things in the oven didn't heat. but when I tried the "add 30 seconds" button, then it did work so I thought it was something like a lock-out maybe, but haven't got the printed user manual we bought the house 2 years ago, the microwave was already installed, so I don't know the age, but it doesn't seem very old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your GE microwave. Please give me a moment to review your model. Also, who am I speaking with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I wiggled the door and now it's working again. No need for help, it's back in action.

Ok, great.