John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a front load maytag washing machine, first error code

Customer Question

I have a front load maytag washing machine, first error code was F21. I fixed that error by unscrewing the filter under the drum and cleaning it out. Then F26 error comes up and trips my GFCI. I get the GFCI to not trip, when I try to run a cycle as soon as the door latch locks it trips the GFCI.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MHWZ600WR00, I've had it for 3.5 years. Bought used, maybe 6-7 years old?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am an a electrician. But not a washing machine expert
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I replaced the door latch assyembly and it still has the same problem
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
still waiting for a response
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

I have been asked to look into older questions.

Did you figure out what the problem was on your washer?