Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher is a maytag. I cant get the control lock off

Customer Question

my dishwasher is a maytag. I cant get the control lock off to start a cyle
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years. MDB7759SAB3 I have tried doing the trouble shooting by shuting it off for a minute and than holding the control lock for 3 seconds but won't work
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If i could
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So you should just be able to press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds to remove the control like like you previously tried. If that isn't working and flipping the power off for a minute didn't reset the electronics, your touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.