Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE refrigerator that is 2 years old.Recently i have

Customer Question

I have a GE refrigerator that is 2 years old.Recently i have noticed that the ice cubes are stuck together when i open up the ice cube tray.Why is this happening? Do i have a problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The refrigerator is 5 years old. The model iis GFSS2HCYSS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

First, make sure there isn't a pile of ice in the ice bucket right below the icemaker indicating the icemaker is dripping and leaking into the bucket. Other than that, check the temperature inside the freezer and make sure it's around 0ºF. If all that checks good, then most likely the unit is staying in defrost too long allowing the cubes to slightly melt and then re-freeze. There is a white plastic bullet clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils (must remove the back panel inside the freezer to see this part). This sensor would need to be replaced because this is what tells the refrigerator to turn the defrost cycle off if it starts getting too warm. The part number for the sensor is WR55X10025 and it's only about $8 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?