Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE side-by-side refrigerator chirping noise, PSS26NSTD ss, I

Customer Question

GE side-by-side refrigerator chirping noise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: PSS26NSTD ss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know, depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No more info
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If you're getting a chirping noise, that would either come from the control board if it thinks the temperatures are too warm or the door has been left open, or its coming from the evaporator fan motor behind the back panel inside the freezer. Check the temperatures and make sure the lights are off when the doors are shut. If that all checks good, remove the back panel inside the freezer and see if the noise is coming from the fan motor back there. If so, then the fan motor needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for evaporator fan motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The noise seems to be loudest at floor level
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hard to say, you'll have to track the noise down but it's usually coming from the control board or the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?