Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My samsung ref. RF261BEAESR sounds like a small plane taking

Customer Question

My samsung ref. RF261BEAESR sounds like a small plane taking off after I close the door. Looking at the back of the unit it sounds like it is coming from the upper left hand corner. There is some frost in the upper inside of the ref.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 3 years old. RF261BEAESR/AA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is possible, I will need the directions other wise please advise.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My wife did place a warm +++ pot of soup in the ref. earlier. Or would the filter need to be changed. There is no indication that it needs changing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Now if you remove this panel and the drain is not clogged but you find the silver coils completely packed with frost, you actually have a defrost issue and you'll need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and likely replace the defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. Below is a link to the sensor.

CLICK HERE for defrost sensor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?