John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer M/N whp1000sqo and matching

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer M/N whp1000sqo and matching dryer. They need to be replaced. I need the water volume specification. Weird question, but there is a good reason. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 13-15 years??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am going to purchase a new pair. However, I am on a septic tank and the water volume from a top loader is to great and backs up in the drain line. That is why I need the exact water specs for the existing washer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would like the water specs and capacity. Also if there is now a top loader that has the lower water consumption specs....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The model you posted is for the pedestal. Do you have the model number from the washing machine? the tag should be at the top of the opening when the door is opened.