Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

My microwave oven NN-SN744S light is out and I can't find a

Customer Question

My microwave oven NN-SN744S light is out and I can't find a place to remove the old one and put in a new bulb; where is it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic Model NN-SN744S
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just went out a few days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The light isnt a servicable part made to be changed by the customer im afraid. Its because microwaves hold very high voltages even when its unplugged so if you dont know what your doing if you touch the wrong part and the high voltage capacitor hasnt been discharged then its could be very dangrous im afraid.

But if you are handy at diy repairs and have the tools then what you need to do is unplug the microwave and remove the outer casing.

Once the casing is out you can see the bulb from there. It will come with the lamp holder complete . Click here for the part

But when you remove the outer casing you must discharge the high voltage capacitor on the inverter board before touching anything in there.

So as i said if you want to replace the bulb yourself you just need to remove the outer casing of the microwave and you will see the bulb from there.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you need help on this still?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks