Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Sure. my ge profile pc35740 has a couple of problems. Looks

Customer Question

sure. my ge profile pc35740 has a couple of problems. Looks like there is water puddling in the bottom of it and we took off the round thing at the bottom to try to get to junk but we were unsucessful. Now it doesn't show power at all
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2003
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i have to and i am disabled with 20% use of my hands
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no i just need help as I can't afford a new one
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!