Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I own a samsung side by side bootom mount fridge it is one

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: i own a samsung side by side bootom mount fridge it is one and a half years old and is leaking out the bottom onto the floor every defrost cycle.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RF220NCTASR/AA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i would like to. i have looking online and one suggestion was that tubes at the back bottom may be plugged.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really. maybe a quarter of a cup of water is on the floor when it happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So you are definitely on the right track. The problem is that your defrost drain line has frozen so you'd need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer to see your evaporator silver coils. Below the coils is a drain trough with a small hole in the center for the drain water to go down. You'll need to thaw the ice out with a hair dryer then use a turkey baster and blast hot water down through the drain hole to clear it out. Once it's clear you should be good to go again and can re-assemble the freezer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.