Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag series 2000 is showing LF and we checked the filters

Maytag series 2000 is showing LF and we checked the filters what else could be the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maytag 2000 series about 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We were wanting to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you? And how long does the washer run if you time it before the LF error appears?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
MHWE251YG00 only a few minutes

Please time it. I need to know exactly how long it takes before the error occurs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Give me a few minutes

ok sounds good.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had it on the rapid wash which is 28 minutes it did it at 13 minutes left

OK, so it sounds like the washer is giving plenty of time to fill and it's just timing out and it's taking too long. Make sure you have good pressure to the washer from your house on both cold and hot water lines. If that checks good and you already cleaned the screens, how high is the water level compared to the bottom of the door when the error occurs?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't see any water at the bottom. It was on the rinse light on the washer.

OK perfect, so the error code is definitely accurate then and it's not filling with water. Make sure you're getting a good water supply from your house and if so then replace the electronic water valve on the back of your washer that your cold water hose connects to. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?