Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Maytag Maxima front load washer, after the wash

Customer Question

Hello we have a Maytag Maxima front load washer, after the wash cycle is complete, it retains water in the lipped seal around the door, we have to use a towel to soak up the left over water.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maxima - 4years p;d
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure - if complicated no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So there are little holes at the bottom of the rubber gasket that should allow water to drain back into the tub. You'll need to pull the lower seal forward and stretch it out a bit so you can see the holes in the bottom of the rubber gasket. Then it sounds like the holes are clogged so use a Q-tip to stick through the holes and clear out any line or debris blocking the holes from draining properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great sounds simpleThank you very much
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

No problem and good luck!