Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I Have a GE Microwave Model JVM7195DF1WW. The interioe light

Customer Question

I Have a GE Microwave Model JVM7195DF1WW. The interioe light has burned out. Please send me the directions to change it,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I gave you the model # it has an output of 1100. It is about 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. Just instructions to get into the light. My email is***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

To change out the light (which is a halogen bulb), you'll need to start by unplugging the microwave. Then remove the screws coming in from the top of the upper vent panel above the door and control panel. The vent panel will then pull off or slide to the left 1 inch and then pull forward and off. The light is accessed through this opening where the vent used to be above the microwave cavity in the front right corner. I can't tell if you need to remove yet another cover to access the bulb or not, but it appears you need to remove the cover 74 on the diagram in the link below. Once that cover is removed, you should see the light bulb plugged into part 73.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I opened the door and removed the top panel. I see the panel on the right side that the bulb is probably behind but I don't see how to remove it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would prefer a refund. I thought this service cost $5.00 but you want more to answer my question.