Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ge induction range/oven with a convection oven

Customer Question

I have a ge induction range/oven with a convection oven feature. Recently, the fan has stopped working when I use convection mode. I thought it was supposed to work continuously during convection.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model no: PHS925st288, and it is about 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not likely
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cannot think of anything, just want to know if convection feature is indeed broken
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

So you are correct, the fan should work all the time during the convection setting as long as the door is closed. If the fan isn't running even if the door is closed, then you would need to pull the oven out, remove the back sheet metal panel and test power at the convection fan to see if you have 110 volts when it should be running. If you do have 110 volts, you need to replace the convection motor. If you don't have 110 volts, replace the control board because it's not sending power to the convection fan and it should.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.