Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have just replaced my evap fan on my kitchen aide

Customer Question

have just replaced my evap fan on my kitchen aide refrigerator. It had been out for several months. There was a lot of ice build up. I cleaned some off. Freezor works great but no cooling coming into refrigerator so I assume there is ice build up in the vent. I am not sure what to do at this point. model # again ktrs20m
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 1994 kitchen aide model ktrs20m
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: already replaced the evap fan just not sure how to get the problem resolved of no air from freezer into the refrigirator
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just how to remove the vent section in the refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So yes, it sounds like there is still frost/ice build up assuming you replaced the fan correctly. Remove the back panel inside the freezer and try to locate any ice build up ANYWHERE behind this panel including on the upper right and left corners. If you find nothing, you really just need to unplug the unit for 24 hours and leave the doors open to ensure everything thaws out because the vents are not accessible between the refrigerator and freezer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.