Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model # rs261mdwp ice maker not working, Samsung, model #

Customer Question

model # rs261mdwp ice maker not working
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung, model # rs261mdwp, oct 11
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ice maker not working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There is a small square plastic button on the bottom of the icemaker head. Press and hold this button for 15 seconds and the icemaker should cycle and fill with water. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker. If it cycles and won't fill with water, check the fill tube to see if it's frozen solid and use a hair dryer to thaw it out if it's frozen above the icemaker. Other than that if it cycle and fills with water and works like normal, just give it 24 hours and see if it cycles on it's own and if not then replace the icemaker. Below is a link to the icemaker for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?