Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Magic Cheh wall oven model #9122vpv. The control

Customer Question

I have a Magic Cheh wall oven model #9122vpv. The control knob was very hard to turn. I removed the control knob and injected some graphite lubricant powder into the control. This loosen the control. Now the oven burner come on even when the control knob is in off position. Please advise. Thank you.***@******.***
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Magic Chef model #9122vpv install new in Jan 1996
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its something simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it easy to fix?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

So unfortunately there are electrical contacts on this thermostat. Whether lubricant worked it's way into the electrical contacts or the shaft is turning but the parts around the thermostat aren't rotating properly so the switch contacts aren't engaging properly, the thermostat would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. The part is just under $100 and below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?