Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool washer duet start button will not work,all the

Customer Question

My whirlpool washer duet start button will not work,all the lights are on in the fro
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just over 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I unable to get help this late in the evening, I am unable to unplug it because it is to heavy to pull away from the wall. The door is open and the lights on the front are flickering will this damage it if left all night.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is not working I throught it might reset itself if I could unplug it but it is to heavy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So if all the lights are flashing, this is a problem with your interface control panel. You will want to try to reset power to see if the panel will reset. You can either unplug the washer or flip the circuit breaker on your house to the washer off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the interface board would need to be replaced. Other than that, there is no danger in leaving the washer over night but it's not going to reset itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your resurence,I have tried the master switch and still flickers.I will keep trying.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Alright good luck and I'm sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?