Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer that wont drain. the LD

Customer Question

hi i have a whirlpool cabrio washer that wont drain. the LD code came on. i already pulled off the drainage hose and cleaned out the little bit of lint i saw. also rebooted the machine let it sit overnight and it seemed to reset but when i tried to run it today same thing happened and now wont drain at all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Cabrio washer. Please give me the model number found under the lid hinge. Also, who am I speaking with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi my name is Elisa. model number is *****

Hi Elisa. One moment while I look that up.

Can you tell me if the washer was giving you any issues prior to this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no - nothing at all

Ok, so this happened suddenly, not progressively over time?

Ok, the LD error means long drain. It is almost always because the pump has something stuck in it. In some rare cases the pump is bad. You can probably just take the pump off and remove the obstruction and it will be fine. Would you like an instructional video that explains how to get to the pump on the Cabrio?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for cleaning or replacement. Of course, be prepared for water to come out when the hoses are removed!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how can i get the water out of the tub so i can turn it over?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I would take the back off and use a bucket to place under the pump and remove a hose.