Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Door is locked and wont unlock, several hours, yes,

Customer Question

door is locked and wont unlock
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: several hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: everything else looks good the door is just locked and the control board states that the door wont lock but it is locked
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
wf448aap
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
samsung vrt front load washer
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

Unplug for at least 15 minutes to reset the electronics. Any change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have unplugged several times for a few minuets does it need 15
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

Yes, the capacitors need time to discharge to allow the reset.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok it is unplugged what happens if there is no change when plugged back in? It makes a noise like it is locking and it locks but the machine wont start because it says that the door wont lock. is there some way to reset?
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

The switch in the door lock assembly is likely faulty if you hear it locking. The lock will likely need to be replaced. I will get you a link and instructions. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok but how do i get it unlocked?
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

Remove the top panel, screws along the back edge. Once removed, you can reach to the bottom of the door lock and pull the emergency release tab at the bottom of the lock and it will manually open.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** the door unlocked and took the lock off and lubricated it and it started working. Seems now when I started a load after 5 minuted it stops and says water pressure low check valve to see if all the way open....and it was. I turned it to cold only and it still does this. Any suggestions
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

When you have the top off, in the right rear corner is the pressure switch. It has a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?