Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE microwave blows a fuse wherever I plug it in. Thinking

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My GE microwave blows a fuse wherever I plug it in. Thinking it's time to replace the microwave but wanted to make sure it's not something I can fix myself before I toss it out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's not too old. I would say 3-4 years at best. And it's actually a Panonic model NN-SN651B I believe. Its called "Inverter". Perfect looking condition.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Panasonic -- sorry for typo
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 1200 watts and yes, I have an old house, so if too many things are going or too many lights are on, it blows. But that shouldn't be the case now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If it blows right away when plugged in, the monitor door switch is likely faulty. That part is available below.

CLICK HERE