Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch dishwasher runs through a cycle, but the dish

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher runs through a cycle, but the dish detergent door does not open. It is still shut at the end of the cycle; I can open it manually, and there is the "pod", still intact
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 yrs old. Not sure of the model. Its the "mid-grade" one.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what the problem is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of. I'd like to know what the probable cause or cause might be. How much is the consult, please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the cycle does finish but the dispenser just doesn't open, then the dispenser itself is failing. There is an actuator motor on the back of the dispenser that is supposed to trigger and open the lid and whether the motor is bad or the lid is just not working mechanically correct, the dispenser would need to be replaced. The cost of the part is usually about $75-90 depending on the exact model number which is located on a sticker on the right side of the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the bad news.