Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

E-24 keeps coming up on the display and it won't drain, It

Customer Question

E-24 keeps coming up on the display and it won't drain
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It started yesterday. I cleaned the filter and took the pump cover off
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What is the code E24?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

E24 means that the dishwasher isn't draining properly so the error appears to be correct if it really isn't draining. You said you removed the pump cover so if you found no debris and reinstalled the cover and it still won't drain, either your drain pump is bad or you have a blockage somewhere. Now if you replace the garbage disposal before this issue occurred possibly the knock out plug in the disposal wasn't removed. Other than that you'd need to disconnect the drain hose from under the dishwasher and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's clean then you'll need to replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.