Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I ahve a Whirlpool duet washing machine and something got

Customer Question

I ahve a Whirlpool duet washing machine and something got trapped between the drums. maybe a coin. How can I remove it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5-6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I opened the front and back but there is no access to teh space between the drums so I guess I have to remove the rubber seal. Corect?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Actually, this is probably a lot more work than you bargained for. The only way to get between the tubs is to uninstall the entire tub and split it apart. There are clamps all the way around the center seam of the tub that you just pry off to split the tub, but taking the entire tub out is going to be a long process. Below is a video that shows the process if you wanted to do it yourself. You can determine if this is too much for you to tackle or not after watching the video.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.