Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How can I keep my Bosch in balance? It is a front loader and

Customer Question

How can I keep my Bosch in balance? It is a front loader and will not stay in one spot. Keeps moving up and sideways. It is on a platform. Entire washer and platform moves. It has been doing this since I bought it. Help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought at Lowes in Dec. 2013.SHE68T52UC on receipt
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So Bosch dishwashers are known in general for not absorbing the vibration very well on their front load washers unfortunately. Putting them on a pedestal makes the issue significantly worse I'm afraid. The best thing to get very coarse sand paper with adhesive on the back of it. Cut 3" diameter circles and clean the floor below the washer. Stick these circles below each foot on the washer and stick them with the adhesive to the laundry room floor. This will add a lot more friction to the feet so that the washer can't walk around when it goes into the spin cycle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My Bosch Washer is model WFMC2100UC with Platform Model WTZ1205/ I believe it was purchased in 2006. Previously, I gave model for my dishwasher. Sorry
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I understood that was the dishwasher model. The answer is still the same as what I gave before, but as old as it's getting the shocks may just be wearing out as well so if you put those circles below the feet and still have issues, you'd need to replace the shocks below the tub. Below is a link to the shock you'd need to order for your washer. You access through the back of the washer to replace them.

CLICK HERE for part

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
PLEASE OPT OUT.. THANKS
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

OK I'm not sure why. My answer is 100% correct.